ADULT SUPERVISION RECOMMENDED FOR CHILDREN
1) Prepare a clean surface to work on. You will need a paper towel, mirror, and watch.
2) Your kit contains (Figure A):
• Blue and white putty
3) Select an impression tray for your mouth. Try the tray first without the putty to ensure it fits comfortably over all teeth.
1) Remove one each of the blue and white putties and quickly mix them together until they make a consistent light blue color.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROCEDURE IS VERY TIME SENSITIVE. YOU HAVE APPROXIMATELY ONE MINUTE UNTIL THE PUTTY STARTS TO HARDEN.
2) Roll the putty into a cylinder shape about 8 cm (3.25”) long and set into the tray (Figure B). Make sure the tray is full and that the putty does not extend out the back of the tray. See Figure C to see how the putty should look in the tray. Make sure there is a lot of putty towards the front of the tray.
3) Once the putty is molded into place, position the tray in your mouth with your thumbs on the underside. Your teeth should be positioned about 0.5 cm (0.25”) from the front edge of the tray (Figure D).
4) In front of a mirror, push the tray up onto your teeth in one motion until your teeth hit the bottom of the tray. Push slightly on the back edges of the tray to make sure it has good contact to your back teeth (Figure E). When it is in place raise your upper lip over the front of the tray (Figure F). It is important not to drag your front teeth into the tray. Make sure that when it’s in place you push or add a slight bit of pressure towards the front teeth.
5) Relax and let the impression harden. You should feel the impression material under your front lip. Hold this position for 2-3 minutes.
6) After 2-3 minutes, work the impression and tray out of your mouth using a slow rocking motion. Once the final impression starts to come out of your mouth, pop it back in to place for a brief second - this will help push any putty back in that may be pulling from the tray.
7) The impression should have good definition of your front upper gum as well as your teeth (Figure G).
8) Rinse well with cold water and let air dry. When it has dried, place in the supplied plastic bag.
9) The completed impression is now ready to be shipped back to the Fox 40 SICK™ Mouthguards Lab for production. Please complete the Design Form which has been provided in the kit, and apply the prepaid address label on top of the box. Please return all unused putties, trays and containers.
Your custom Fox 40 SICK™ Mouthguard should be ready and